Kitty Purr

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Da Vinci Code

Friday, May 19, 2006 was opening day for The Da Vinci Code. I'm 99.9% sure that most bloggers will be commenting on the movie, so instead of following the pack, I offer this...

A group of us met at Landmark Theatre for the movie. If you've ever been to this theatre, you'll know that connected to it is a little lounge, which allows you to take alcoholic beverage into the threatre. After gathering our martinis, wine, bucket of beer, etc, we set off to find our seats. Before the movie even started, Brian and Jodie were singing, so I new we were in for a night of fun! Next, I turn to look at Tori, and she's using her chest as an end table for her drink. LOL

The movie was full of suspence. Julie was on the edge of her seat and practically jumped out of her seat on certain occassions. The tension in the room was suddenly broken as Tori bumped one of the empty beer bottles, sending it rolling down the theatre. It rolled, clanked, rolled, paused, clanked and rolled some more until it finally found a quiet resting place near the front of the theatre. LOL. (Note, after the movie, Jasen retrieved the bottle.)

Next, Karlee jumped out of her seat and clapped as one of the "bad guys" got wacked on the head. I thought it was hilarious, and I think Julie was finally able to relax a little with this bad guy out of the picture. After another beer, I was quite comfy and found myself more intersted in watching my friends than the movie. (I'd read the book a long time ago, so I knew what was going to happen).

After the movie, we stopped by Pablo's for a bite, margaritas and more hilarious fun! I can't remember a night when I've laughed that much. I love my friends!

6 Comments:

  • Hi Lori,

    I found your blog randomly. I see you're listening to the new Pearl Jam CD. I saw them in Grand Rapids on Friday night and wrote up a review on my blog if you are interested in reading it. I also have a Da Vinci Code review below that one, so I am helping to confirm your prediction about 99.9 % of us mentioning it in our blogs. Anyway, I'm always glad to find someone whose got a blog over a year old since so many of these don't seem to date back more than a few weeks or less!

    By Blogger David Blakeslee, at 9:58 PM  

  • Yes I too am very happy about your blog being over a year old. "Can't you tell by my boobie shirt?!"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

  • I'm glad I could be part of providing an enjoyable evening for you! Thanks for organizing it!

    By Blogger smilinblueeyes, at 8:43 AM  

  • I'm going to need to see a picture of this Tori using her chest as an end table!

    -ST

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

  • Only you Lori could go to a theatre and almost get kicked out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 PM  

  • When are you and your lunatic friends going out again? I want to watch the spectacle! SR

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home